● I was born in Izmir in 1954 and my family moved to Istanbul in 1958.
● After primary and secondary schools and Robert College, I graduated as a mechanical engineer from The Bogaziçi University in Istanbul in 1979.
● In 1980, I decided not to follow a career as a mechanical engineer and started working in Redhouse Press (an American publishing house in Istanbul) as production coordinator.
● The same year I founded my children’s books publishing house, Mavibulut.
● I got my first award from children with my first picture book “Pan and His Flower.”
● In 1984 I received a scholarship from IYL (International Youth Library) in Munich and studied there for 3 months.
● In 1988 I was asked to give children’s literature courses in Istanbul University, within the Librarianship Department. I received my MA in the same department. I gave various courses on “Children’s Literature”, “Publishing in Turkey”, “Desktop Publishing”, “Information Technologies” for ten years in the same department.
● In 1990 I started to publish a children’s literature magazine “Kırmızıfare” (the Red Mouse.)
● I continued to work in Redhouse Press as an editor of children’s books until 1991.
● In 1997, I was selected as one of the 10 best children’s authors, by Ankara University.
● I finished his wide study on children’s books in 1999 and received my PhD.
● I founded the Association of Children’s Books (which later became the Turkish IBBY) in 1994 and worked as the president for 10 years until 2004.
● I acted as the Turkish associate editor for Bookbird magazine in 1986.
● I started the first Turkish children’s literature research magazine “BinbirKitap” (1001 books).
● I worked in Mavibulut Publishing house as the editor-in-chief until the end of 2013.
● In 2000, I got the 3rd prize in Tudem’s “plays for children” contest with my play “Fa Usta’nın Kemanları” (Master Fa’s violins).
● In 2007-2008, I was chosen “The Best Children’s Author” as a result of a poll made by Bağcılar Atatürk Primary School and Swedish-Turkish Primary School.
● In 2008, he was given the “Children’s Literature Award” by Türkçem Magazine in Prizren, Kosova.
● In 2009, he was chosen “The Best Children’s Author” by Turkish Association of Librarians.
● In June 2009, he was chosen “the guest of honour” during the symposium on children’s literature in Marmara University.
● In May 2012, he was chosen “the guest of honour” during “the symposium on living children’s authors” in Osmangazi University, Eskişehir.
I have written 65 books for children.
● I have written more than 100 articles on children’s literature.
● I have given seminars on “How to write for children” in Istanbul Bilgi University for 2 years and given a one semester course on “Creative writing” in Yeditepe University.
● I have given “children’s literature” course in Aydın University.
● I was chosen as the author of “the 2016 symposium on living children’s authors” organised by Osmangazi University in Eskişehir and Çukurova University in Adana.
● I was one of the ALMA 2016, 2017 and 2018 candidates from Turkey.