● In 2012 (May 9-11), I was chosen as “the guest of honour” together with illustrator Mustafa Delioğlu during the “Aytül Akal – Living Authors Symposium” organised by Osmangazi University.
● 15 April 2013, I gave a conference in children’s literature in London during the book fair when Turkey was the “guest country.”
● In the years 2011-2015, I gave “Children’s Literature” course in the Department of Education in Maltepe University.
● I was chosen to be the author of the “Living Authors Symposium 2016” organised by Osmangazi University and Çukurova University,. The symposium was held during May 11-13, 2016, in Adana.
● My book “Kanepeye Dönüşen Baba” (My Dad Became a Sofa) has been chosen as one of the 52 best books of 2015, by Radikal Newspaper.
● I continue to visit schools to talk about children’s books and promote reading but I prefer to make children laugh instead (and gets a better result).